Resize Stack Sent Everytime a Stack Opens?
brian at milby7.com
Tue May 14 00:26:03 EDT 2019
I'll send a copy of the stack separately, but here are my thoughts:
- Caveat that I only have an Amazon Fire available for testing
- resizeStack does get called, before openCard on card Loader
- no field "log" exists on card "Loader" which is probably why resizeStack
was not working
- I added "addLog" and "clearLog" handlers to allow for logging from any
- when launched, I get a "resizeStack 600,952,414,736" call
- nav bar is never positioned off screen
I made the above notes on LC 9.0.1; I then installed 9.0.4 and found
- there is a visible shift of the log box (corrected with below changes)
- moved script locals to preOpenStack so they would be available sooner
- moved orientation code to preOpenStack
On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 5:30 PM Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode
<use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
> BR: I am not using fullscreenMode, (in just one module) more and more I'm
> seeing it woefully inadequate from "professional design" point of view.
> In any case, just for now we want the browser and in YouTube stack on fill
> the screen. No letter/pillarboxing etc. and the nav bar properly laid out.
> Brian: "I am not surprised to see a resizeStack on open if the app was
> built at a size different than the screen size of the device."
> BR: It doesn't. I build on 414,736. Both my phone are bigger. I could be
> doing something incredibly stupid.
> You have to call it. It doesn’t turn x,y of anything. So then it may as
> well be 'upDateUi' (my handler) and you have to fetch x,y
> put the width of this card into x
> put the height of this card into y
> Status bar: Going to Landscape to Portrait, the first time... button bar
> is below screen, but I can "forever flick" my Moto6, this triggers an
> orientationChanged "portrait" and the controls are properly laid out. So,
> some part of the engine "knows" card height as expected
> J. Landman Gay
> This sounds like the height of the status bar, and the stack is being
> drawn underneath it. I haven't tried it but you might be able to fix
> by setting the stack height to the height of the screenrect.
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
More information about the use-livecode