Android needs 64 bit builds

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Mon May 6 18:44:09 EDT 2019

> On 7 May 2019, at 3:08 am, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

>>> Any chance we can leverage this to create a raspberry pi LC build?
>> Not unless the pi is running android.
>
> Ah. OK. So the problem with running on the pi isn't with building form arm devices, but with interacting with the pi os?

I believe it is largely an issue of getting the build configuration and toolchains correct for cross compiling for armv6hf. Although given Pi 3s are arm64 but Raspbian is still armv6hf I guess we would need a build for a number of archs (armv6hf, armv7, arm64) depending on what OS people are running.

For us there is the extra step of getting it all setup on vulcan to build and package etc.

Cheers

Monte