Fastest Frame Rate?

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Sat Mar 23 12:27:50 EDT 2019

Hi Colin,

Wow Cool!

As an experiment to check for flicker, I created two
identical sized  rectangles.  One is blue and the
other one red.  I put the blue one exactly on top
of the red one and told the blue one to quickly
show and hide itself using a repeat loop.  My
expected result if I do it right is a resulting
image of a purple rectangle without any
noticeable flicker.

I’ve tried milliseconds, I have tried ticks, and
I still see flicker going on.  What am I doing
wrong?

on mouseUp
	repeat with NumLoops1 = 1 to 200
		show graphic “BlueRectangleCover" of this card
		wait .5 ticks
	        hide graphic “BlueRectangleCover" of this card
		wait .5 ticks
	end repeat
end mouseUp

What are you doing differently when you try to
do such things?

Thanks,

Rick