localization/localisation/ of LC Community version's GUI?

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 20:19:24 EDT 2019

In short, if my aim is to translate LC Community's GUI (for youngish
Japanese students learning to program) , where might I start?

Now, if something terrifyingly named "GitHub" should be part of the answer, all
I know about that is it's a discussion start-off point for LC "gurus", plus
a cue for me to leave the room.

And, of course the Forums got a thorough going-thru. Couldn't find much,
tho. One thing was, to emphasize that I am NOT after localization of the LC
script language. As confusingly happened to Forum thread "Multi-Lingual
LiveCode?
<http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20092&p=164034&hilit=gui+language#p164034>"
(Craig Newman, April 2014). Though that thread was nonetheless useful,
especially for its introduction of a multi-lingual translation project for
Telegram <https://translations.telegram.org/>.

Also on the Forum, though unrelated to the GUI, was Forum topic "Android
app localization
<http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=21939&hilit=localisation+localization+GUI>"
(Max V, May 2013). Especially when the ever-helpful Brian Milby stepped  in,
advising to (or, at least, I think he was?) modify LC stack's themselves
(e.g., revSaveAsStandalone, revCommonLibrary). BUT that's not what I'm
after? or is it? I don't know. Like I say, all very new.

In either case, GitHub familiarization or LC stack modifications, please!!! a
lot of hand-holding and stating the obvious.

As always, thank you for any advise---perhaps including a mnemonic for
"advise [v.?] vs. advice [n.?]".
--
Nicolas Cueto