LC 9 and Externals

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Mar 18 12:05:09 EDT 2019

On 2019-03-18 16:59, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
> On 3/18/19 8:43 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
> ... although if you're using the external in a stack you're shipping
> to others, it may well be worthwhile to recompile it as a 64-bit
> external. Especially keeping in mind that apparently Apple will soon
> no longer support 32-bit applications.

Heh - yes I perhaps should have taken the opportunity to mention that...

32-bit support on Mac is very very near being terminated (it would seem)
- whilst 32-bit apps
do still run in 10.14, they've made it virtually impossible to switch an
app
which has both slices to run in 32-bit mode, and (perhaps worse) almost
impossible
to switch an app which was previously marked to run in 32-bit mode back
to running
in 64-bit mode!

So - probably best to ensure that any apps which need to run on Mojave
and future
macOS versions are built and work in 64-bit mode.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps