LC 9 and Externals

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Mar 18 11:43:05 EDT 2019

Hi Dan,

On 2019-03-18 16:35, Dan Friedman via use-livecode wrote:
> FYI, it's working in LC 8.X. -- the stack is closed when the external
> paths are set, I am verifying that the external exists, etc.  It's
> working in 8, what changed in 9?

If this is a Mac external and it has not been rebuilt for a couple of
years
(at least), then it is most likely that it does not have a 64-bit slice.
The 9 IDE (and standalones) build and run (by default) in 64-bit mode
on Mac - although you can still build standalones with a 32-bit slice
and
(if you are not running 10.14) switch the IDE to run in 32-bit by using
Get Info on the LiveCode app bundle in Finder.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps