Livecode 9 and Directshow...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Fri Mar 15 12:52:46 EDT 2019

I am seeing a very odd behavior using DirectShow under LiveCode 9.0.1,
9.0.2, and 9.0.3rc-1

I have a simple stack with a fixed size player and a few buttons to open
various video files. The buttons just set the filename of the player to
the selected file. The player is set to alwaysBuffer

When opening video in the IDE or built as a standalone that DirectShow
supports like .avi and .wmv I get a white frame in the player and while
the audio plays, I get no picture????

Earlier, these formats played fine. The player object was resized in the
IDE and subsequently, the white frame. Restarting LC or even restarting
Windows does not change anything.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Any idea what may be going on?

PS to LiveCode, Ltd. IF you really want to make LiveCode 10 something
spectacular, just make it so the same media formats play without issues
across platforms! Dealing with multi-platform media is such a huge pain
in the @ss!