Compiling Livecode

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Mar 6 18:35:46 EST 2019

I just had some experience with the VMWare Player, and if you install it, it also installs 2 virtual network ports. I was not able to get my laptop to work with regular networking without disabling these 2 ports. I was not in any wise able to get those ports to bridge to my default network adapter.

I stuck with Parallels a long time ago because of the ease of configuration. I was able to create MULTIPLE virtual adapters and be bridged to multiple VLANS that way (I managed a network with 15 VLANS). I was advised by VMWare that in order to do that I would have to find an obscure config file and edit it correctly, and *maybe* I could get that working.

I haven't looked back since. That's MY 2¢

Bob S