J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jun 30 17:37:34 EDT 2019

I did some timing tests comparing mobileControlCreate vs. a browser
widget. Both loaded a 10-meg file from the documents folder on an
Android Pixel running Android OS 9 (Pie.)

   mobileControlCreate: 26352 ms, 26610 ms (2 tries)
   browser widget: 785426 ms (13 minutes).

While 26+ seconds is too long, it's better than 13 minutes. I don't see
a good way around this. Pre-loading the widget in its entirety isn't
feasible, and of course I'd need to delete the dynamic mobile control
when leaving the card to avoid interference with other native controls.

Breaking up this particular document is going to be difficult. All the
links are hashtags that refer to the current document, and there are
thousands of them.

However, I've learned that if the widget browser needs to load quicker,
use mobileControlCreate instead of the widget.