Resuscitation of Scott Raney Paint Tools

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Jun 26 10:26:44 EDT 2019

You are right... the art work repository will be all "vectorized" for that reason, " different screen sizes and resolutions".

 Further discussion here: It will be seen whether we can do with LiveCode to do coloring of SVG. Currently not an option/not doable. Would require a widget.

Also, whether we allow a brush or "spray can"  to apply "pixels" to a layer is an open question. We have to examine the use cases.

What would a child do with her colored artwork once it is finished? Share it, post to Facebook, Instagram, email it so a friend... The use case where a children in interested in actually printing a copy.... where we see major problem with a different resolution, seems very small...

 Most screenshot programs turn the "object" into a JPG or PNG. As do phones' screenshot's. So, there is a case to a made for allowing pixels. Because once is JPG'd, it is pretty portable, even at smaller resolutions.

BR

HH wrote

    This is only a demo if your "coloring book" uses simple pixel paint.

    HTML5 also includes SVG/Canvas which makes it easy to use the same objects
    for different screen sizes and resolutions (it would be a nightmare with paint).