Groups do not receive mouseEnter messages?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon Jun 24 21:07:38 EDT 2019

On 6/24/2019 8:24 PM, dunbarx--- via use-livecode wrote:
> Confirmed here.
> I have never really tried any of the things you mentioned, but no messages at all are sent to the group I just made.  Interestingly, and consistent so far, double clicking within the group boundary, but not in any child control, opens the inspector for the card.
> So although the dictionary talks about many properties of groups, and states that it is a control in its own right, it does not seem to have much body outside of its children. This even though one can make the group red as a beet. The "object" certainly exists, and has a multitude of properties. It just doesn't seem to be quite there.
> Craig

Thanks for the confirmation.

However, what I'd really like is someone from the mothership to chime in?

I am aware that the Dictionary Entry for the group object does not list
any of the mouse events (mouseEnter, mouseLeave, mouseWithin, mouseDown,
mouseUp, etc. etc.), but I assumed this was for saving space in the
dictionary entry?