Using community to update text of a project distributed with Indy license?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 18 13:59:33 EDT 2019

Curt Ford wrote:
> A client needs to make minor updates to the text in a number of modules
> I've created over several years. To eliminate the back-and-forth of
> corrections and proofs, he's asked about making the changes himself in
> LiveCode. (He's never used LiveCode and doesn't have a copy.)

Simple to do technically, but beyond the GPL implications it's also
perhaps a bit cumbersome in terms of usability.

LC is a good software development environment, but perhaps a bit much
for simple text editing.

I wonder if another option might be to make an Editor app which opens
the stack and unlocks the fields for editing, and then locks them again
before saving.

With many of my clients we build custom authoring environments in
addition to the delivery environment for the end-user, and the modest
up-front investment almost always pays off very well over the life cycle
of what we're building together.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems