Is there a way to use custom icons in the navbar widget?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Jun 17 12:22:04 EDT 2019

Do you use the images as controls? If so should be no problem. If however you use buttons that reference the images, you will need to make sure that when pasting/cloning the group, you have code that re-associates the images with the buttons.

Actually, now that I am thinking about it, this is a great arguement for using images as opposed to buttons when using custom icons.

Bob S

> On Jun 15, 2019, at 08:39 , Tom Glod via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> I ended up making my own svg nav bar because i wanted the ability to have
> shadows or glows on the icons, its really easy to code the distribution of
> icons. There was also another limitation that I can't remember.  If you
> want more visual control, that is what i would recommend.
>
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 11:05 AM Brian Milby via use-livecode <
>
>> See the Icon SVG Library.  You can create your own icon families for use
>> in your apps.  The current icon family is the one shown in the PI but you
>> can use any available icon in the widget.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian
>> On Jun 15, 2019, 3:40 AM -0400, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
>> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>, wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i am currently working on a mobile app which makes use of the navbar
>> widget. I like the ease of that widget. The only thing i am missing is that
>> i would like to use my own icons with it, because i need other symbols than
>> the ones provided by the widget.
>>>
>>> So is there a way to use custom icons with that widget?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Matthias