Android - Different Builds

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Jun 13 18:51:44 EDT 2019

Try making 1 build for armv7 AND arm64

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net

-----Original Message-----
From: use-livecode [mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:42 PM
To: How to use LiveCode
Cc: Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami
Subject: Re: Android - Different Builds

Aloha Jerry, I think I have done it correctly

1)
	I have the four builds in one release
2)
Native platforms -- 	 armeabi-v7a 	- version code 14
Native platforms -- 	x86_64		 - version code 9
Native platforms --  x86 		  	- version code 8
Native platforms -- 	arm64-v8a 	- version code 7

I still get ERROR
=============
1 message for APK 7
Fully shadowed APK

Problem:
This APK will not be served to any users because it is completely shadowed by one or more APKs with higher version codes.

Resolution:
Remove this APK from your release or review the targeting and version codes of the APKs that you are including in this release.
===============
I have no choice but to remove arm64-v8a, but it supports devices  a lot of devices (3105)

I could run it anyway and not remove  it... maybe it is a "bogus" message from their AI analysis.

OR

arm64-v8a is now covered by one of the other three, ie. will be installed on the 3105 devices listed under arm64-v8a?

BR

JJB wrote

    your version code needs to be higher than the previous one, each time
    you upload an update

    you could do:

    arm-v7a vc1      arm64 vc2         x86  vc3           x86-64 vc4

    then next update of your app:

    arm-v7a vc5      arm64 vc6         x86  vc7           x86-64 vc8

    etcetera

    when you manage a release, then you can upload 4 apk's to the console
    for that release

    But whatever version code you now have, the next ones need to be higher
    every time.

    As far as i understand you need to upload all apk's per release and not
    a release per apk architecture