Design questions...

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Thu Jun 6 14:04:21 EDT 2019

1. that really depends on the app type and of course on the customers displays.

2. most customers i know have got 17" or higher displays with a ratio of 16:9 or 16:10. The minimum resolution is 1280x1024 or 1280x768.

3. When working with ERP tools or other business software for accounting, shipment or whatever the customers don´t want to scroll. They want to see the complete form.

4. For one of my last projects, a shipping software,  i´ve asked the customer what they would prefer. They told me that they do not want to have a menubar or this ugly ribbon bar.
They wanted it clear with bigger buttons and the possibility to use the function keys for some tasks. The old shipping software made use of it and they wanted to use the same function keys
for the same tasks in the new software.
Instead of menus i added big coloured buttons. I´ve also added a scale function, so the user can set the scalefactor of the app to 0.75, 1 and 1.5.

Here´s an screenshot of the entry mask for trans-o-flex labels    https://dl.qck.nu/samples/screenshot-shipping.png <https://dl.qck.nu/samples/screenshot-shipping.png>
Okay it will not win a design contest, but it meets the demand of the customer. ;)

Matthias