Black boxes replace images in Mojave (Was "No subject")

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Jun 4 13:29:04 EDT 2019

This is a strange issue as it sounds like it is sporadic...

The only OS specific code the engine uses when decompressing images is when the image has an embedded colour profile.

So I guess the question is whether the images which are ‘breaking’ have such a thing in them. I think preview’s info pane can tell you that.

Thus a potential solution is to strip the profiles out (if they are there) and see if the problem persists...

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone