Best Temp Pass Autoresponder?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Jul 16 18:27:06 EDT 2019

Hi Rick,

I copied / pasted that script from your mail into my LC server script,
and made two small changes ("To" address I changed from yours to one of
mine, and "From" address I changed to be within my domain), and tried
that. It worked fine, and I did receive the email.

So (just to check) I changed the From address to a nonsense one
(random at somedomain.com) and again that worked and I got the email OK.

So I changed the To address back to yours and ran it again.  If you got
the resulting email (probably twice), then that too works, and there
must be some config difference between your hosting account and mine. So
I changed the shell call that sends the email to include outputting the
results, as below:

    get shell("echo" && wrapQ(shellEscape(tMsg)) && "|
/usr/sbin/sendmail" && \
          wrapQ(shellEscape(pTo)) && "-f" && wrapQ(shellEscape(pFrom)))
    put "result = " & the result & "<br>" & CR
    put "it = " & it & "<br>" & CR

For me, that (as expected) produces both the result and 'it' as empty -
but maybe you'll see something different. (btw I'm on sage and Livecode
hosting, and using LC 9.x (i.e. my script is try.lc9).

Let me know how you get on.

Alex.