Local files in browser widget

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 12 15:46:44 EDT 2019

On 7/12/19 1:52 PM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi Jaques,
>
>> Am 12.07.2019 um 20:43 schrieb J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:

>>> J,
>>> I don’t think you need the slashes after file: at all. (“file:” & specialFolderPath(“resources”) & “/tFolder/tFile.hmtl”) should do it.
>>> Also check case on folder and file names. Case matters in mobile file systems in my experience.
>>
>> Thanks Devin, but unfortunately it still doesn't work. Capitalization is correct (all lower case.) I also tried adding the internet library and tsNet, even though I don't use those, just to see if they were required. Still no go.
>
> just to be sure, did you:
> replace SPACE with "%20" in tPath
> ?

I didn't, but there are no spaces in the file name.

But I've just found something interesting. Devin was right, I don't need
any slashes to read the resources folder in the apk. But I can't use it
as a URL in a browser. I can use it to copy the file from the resources
folder to the documents folder, but it fails if I directly set the URL
of the browser widget.

   put specialFolderPath("resources") & "/tFolder/tFile" into tSourcePath
   answer (there is a file tSourcePath) -> TRUE
   set the URL of widget "browser" to ("file:" & tSourcePath) -> file
not found
   put specialFolderPath("documents") & "/tFolder/" into tDir
   if there is no folder tDir then create folder tDir
   put tDir & tFile into tLocalPath
   put url ("file:" & tSourcePath) into url ("file://" & tLocalPath)
   set the URL of widget "browser" to ("file://" & tLocalPath) -> OK

Maybe browsers can't read files inside packages?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com