Symantec quarantining LiveCode standalone on client's machine

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 3 11:58:11 EDT 2019

It's possible that the long history between Kaspersky principals and GRU
officials ended when they opened an office in a different country.

I recognize such issues are complex, and no intelligence, even
corroborated by multiple allies, is perfect.

For myself, I do what I can to say on top of threat assessment, and
choose my vendors with care.

When I'm giving root access to my systems, many of which are entry
points to public-facing systems for clients, I avoid even potential
risks where I have the opportunity to do so.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/us/politics/kaspersky-lab-antivirus-federal-government.html