Livecode ODBC connection without DSN?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Jul 3 10:52:54 EDT 2019

Not to my mind as ODBC relies upon an intermediary service to actually make the connection. I don't use ODBC mainly because I would typically have to purchase an agent for whatever database engine I am trying to connect to, and that has typically been a non-starter for any in house projects I want to use.

That being said, I believe it is the only way Livecode can communicate with a Microsoft SQL server, as well as Access, FoxPro, Excel etc.

Bob S