Woo License Keys Manager

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Wed Jan 30 14:17:19 EST 2019

For our "Music In the Air” music education program we’re using a combo of Stripe/Paypal + WooCommerce + API Manager. The last bit is a WooCommerce plugin to handle generating and validation of keys. In our particular situation we need to control the installations to a set number (1 to how many were purchased) and API Manager validates the install every time our application is opened. We’ve configured WooCommerce to send a confirmation email to the purchaser that includes the key issued by API Manager along with a download link. There also is an online WooCommerce-provided account for the user to log in to view keys and purchase info.

https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-api-manager/ <https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-api-manager/>

Overall it is working pretty well. It took some time to set up my internal LiveCode programming, but that was because of a variety of license types we use with free trial periods, and the fact that we are also using a subscription model, and not because of any difficulty with API Manager itself. Also there was some work in providing info within the application to the user as to the status of the validation (good, failed—and why—and what to do).

And a plug—we have a free trial of the complete program that reverts to a forever-free limited version. Take a look; I am very interested in feedback!

https://www.artsinteractiveinc.com <https://www.artsinteractiveinc.com/>

Peter Bogdanoff
ArtsInteractive