how to write control-c to an open process?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed Jan 30 05:25:40 EST 2019

I just found a different way to accomplish the same outcome.

Instead of writing some special form of control-c to the process, I can
get the ID of the process and issue a 'kill' shell command for that ID
using the 'kill' format option that sends the same signal as the one
sent by typing control-c. The outcome is identical to control-c but no
control chars are required.

So this works:

    kill -s INT <PID>

Where <PID> is the numeric ID of the process I want to end.

*whew*

Thanks -
Phil

--