revMoveFolder on Windows

Knapp Martin martyknappster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 19:21:10 EST 2019

I have an app that allows users to create documents and store then in a specified folder. Via a preference setting they can move the folder to a location of their choosing. I use revMoveFolder to do this. You can also move the folder where you want and then drag and drop it on the preference stack to establish the path to where it is.

This works fine on Mac but not on Windows - it fails. In fact when the app is open and I try to manually move the folder, Windows tells me "The action can't be completed because the folder is open in another program."

I understand that if a file was open by the app that this would come into play but how is a folder open to another program? Is there a way around this?

Marty