change http to https, what to do?

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Thu Jan 24 17:27:54 EST 2019

> Am 24.01.2019 um 21:11 schrieb J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>>:
>
>> On Jan 24, 2019, at 03:31 , Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode<use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>>  wrote:
>> i do not know what might be the reason, but when i run into problems with  sftp or https connections i disable
>> SSL peer certificate verification  with
>>
>> tsNetVerifySSLPeer false
>>
>> just to see if it´s working without verification of the SSL peer certificate.
>
> I've had a problem in the past where a certificate fails in the hops between the client and the server. (At least, I think that was the problem.) I had to set libURLSetSSLVerification to false, which isn't safe but allows all connections to work.
>
> How does tsNetVerifySSLPeer compare to libURLSetSSLVerification? Is verification of peers different from verification of all certificates?

For community edition libURLSetSSLVerfication is the only way to disable the SSL Verification.
In Indy and Business i think you can use both, because LibURL library contains a tsNet wrapper, so that if tsNET is available,then libURL uses tsNet instead of the normal liburl script.  That´s how i understood how liburl and tsNet work together.

But i think Charles Warwick could explain it better. ;)  He wrote the wrapper in liburl.