The merge function is redundant?

prothero at earthlearningsolutions.org prothero at earthlearningsolutions.org
Fri Jan 18 19:52:24 EST 2019

Folks:
I’m looking at Jan Schenkel’s posting on the “Power of Merge”.

I can’t make any of the examples work.
Obviously, there is some code or some very basic thing that everybody (but me) knows, but ??

Please illuminate me. I see the " placeholder in some of the lessons. The dictionary is no help.

BTW: No search in the dictionary’s user guide?

Thanks,
Bill

e.g.
on mouseUp

	put "Testing" into Foobar

	put merge("[[quote]]Foobar[[quote]] [[the short name of \

	this stack]]") & return & \

	merge("[[the layer of this card]] / [[the short ID \

	of me]]") into tVariable

end mouseUp

Bill

William A. Prothero, Ph.D.University of California, Santa Barbara Dept. of Earth Sciences (Emeritus)Santa Barbara, CA. 93105

http://earthlearningsolutions.org/