Script Editor Slow on Windows

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Jan 17 14:17:14 EST 2019

A couple of things I have observed in Win 10 LC 9.0.2.
1) Scroll wheel starts scrolling 100s of lines with one wheel rotation
detent. The only way to fix is to restart IDE.
2) SE Font is bold 10% of the time when opening LC. The only way to fix is
to restart IDE(maybe more than once).
3) After working in the IDE for a while then using breakpoints(I think),
every time I do a Ctrl S the IDE will do a variety of things. Not all at
once but sometimes all at once. The only way to fix is to restart IDE. Ctrl
S does these things sometimes:
 a) Opens up the message box and execute the last command.
 b) The confirm IDE save version dialog is not presented instead the last
answer dialog used is displayed without any buttons. Sometimes keyboard
returns will let it move on and complete the save maybe 50% of the time.
 c) The open message box has a one line field with a horizontal scrollbar
scroll appear and is not active and all other windows are locked up.
 d) Blank "new script editor" window opens and is non functional.
 e) All of the above but flashing and repeating 10s of times(sometimes
forever). Look like a 1970's light show. I get flashbacks just looking at
it. The message boxes and answer dialogs are flashing on and off with 100%
cpu.
4) IDE goes into a loop (now and again).
5) IDE quits (not often).
6) Save stacks take 10 seconds or more with the Windows "not responding" in
the top bar using 100% cpu until saving status box appears. The status box
is only up moment. The actual save operation take a 1/2 second after that.
7) Undo's are sketchy at best. Sometimes the work as expected other times
some other tab's script is changed.
8) Put too many lines into the message box and the same as Ctrl S issues
start to pop up.
9) The IDE goes into loop and locks up for no reason using 100% cpu.

I can't make any recipes for a QCC report. I can't see any pattern. Simple
stacks usually don't have any of the above problems except for the IDE
scroll wheel and font problems so my larger stacks are doing something that
is whacking out the IDE in v9 that did not happen pre v9.

All this being said I still get more done with LC than any other language I
have ever used so it's still a net large gain in productivity.

I don't know what I can do to help.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services