AW: Script Editor Slow on Windows

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Jan 16 08:38:58 EST 2019

Hello,

any new insights?
I am working on a fast windows 10 machine with LC 9.0.2.
No message box open, no project browser open, almost all new fancy editor
options off, no plugins.
Though very laggy input. Sometimes I write a whole line and the characters
appear, when I am in the next line. That’s not really usable.
Has anybody found any tweaks, to speed up the editor again?
Is the windows defender an issue or only a guess? I have installed Kaspersky
and I once have read, that any third party AV tool shuts off the defender,
because it replaces it. But I don't know, if this is the case for all
defender functions.
A workaround would perhaps be, doing the edit in a LC 8 version and only
when it comes to building the standalone or using any new features,
switching to LC 9. But really?
Any new insights welcome
Tiemo