screenRect and screenLoc weirdness

Knapp Martin martyknappster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 13:05:42 EST 2019

Hi Monte,
This happens for me in a fresh instance in the IDE (LC 9.0.2 on Mac). Again, I have a 2nd larger monitor with the bottoms aligned, placing the top of the 2nd monitor higher than the main monitor. Then just type into the message box "Answer hello" and the dialog positions itself almost completely off screen.

I just had another customer contact me this morning complaining of the same issue. He's a laptop user with a 2nd large display aligned at the bottom, placing the top higher than the main monitor. When I had him align the tops it behaves fine.

Screenshots of my test:
http://martyknapp.on-rev.com/answer.html

Marty