windows defender issues? & other AV issues

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Tue Jan 15 06:54:32 EST 2019

I cannot see this behaviour here and on our clients computers.
Our standalones with substacks are running on several Win10 machines. All theses standalones use
 preferences stacks, which are saved from within the standalones. The standalones were created with LC 9.0.1 Business.

We are delivering those standalones without an installer, so they are not placed in the Program Files folder. They are either placed in the documents, sometimes in a dropbox folder and some customers have placed them on drive D,E,F...., but not on the system drive.

Are your standalones delivered with a installer and do they reside in Program Files folder? If so, did you take care, that it is not allowed to write into the Program Files folder?

To check, if your AV software is the culprit, i would try, if possible, to exclude your standalone and its other files from AV realtime scanning. Maybe one of your clients is willing to try.

Our clients all use F-Secure Client Security as AV/Firewall on Windows and we never run into any problem with our apps.

Matthias

Matthias Rebbe

free tools for Livecoders:
https://instamaker.dermattes.de <https://instamaker.dermattes.de/>