windows defender issues? & other AV issues

R.H. roland.huettmann at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 04:59:44 EST 2019

Failed saving onWindows 10 (all latest versions of LiveCode)

I am talking about a compiled business related stack (small compiled
splash, main stack not compiled in a resource folder and various resources)
that goes to clients.

Some of my clients experience that the main stack is not saving and will
leave two files in a state that does not allow to reopen them again. One of
the files is renamed with a tilde character "~" at the end of the filename.
This is the file "in progress" to be saved from file A to B and when the
saving was successful, the old file is removed.

The saving process takes very long (from 15 seconds and more). Sometimes
over 30 seconds -- with or without this problem.

If I ask the client to remove the tilde "~" then the stack can be reopened.
Otherwise not. Of course, I can not ask clients to do this in a production
environment or ask him to delete the installation and always install again.

Somewhere during the saving process, something happens that stops the
process and ends with a failure.

There are no error messages. I can not replicate the behaviour on my own
computer. But I can see it on client's machines (not just one).

I am wondering if this could also be something that occurs because of
interference of Windows Defender or some AV? Did anybody ever experience
something similar on Windows?

Kind regards and thanks for replies
Roland