windows defender issues? & other AV issues?

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Tue Jan 8 03:14:19 EST 2019

Brian:

 > The file is saved regularly, but not at the interval that I thought.

One more hint - during symptoms, after making a new text selection with
the mouse (as opposed to just typing on a line) there was an especially
big delay before the field would be responsive again. To be successful
with copy/paste I had to select, keep waiting for a second or two before
copying, then select, wait until blinking insertion returned, then
paste. Selecting and copying right away would fail.

Since that bug report, I've noticed that sometimes the line numbers in
the SE will get out of sync with scrolling text and stick at a certain
point (on Mac too, not requiring any symptoms of this bug and perhaps
unrelated). In that condition, making a selection is what triggers the
line numbers to refresh - maybe a significant trigger for some actions.

But during symptoms, it wasn't only slow selections - sometimes
keystrokes were easy to mess up, but memory is growing dim. Now that we
know the Defender fix, if the final fix still proves illusive I may need
to unfix my computer when I get some time, maybe video it, to test
symptoms again and make a more precise record of the editing delays and
what triggers them.

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development