windows defender issues? & other AV issues?

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Mon Jan 7 23:23:00 EST 2019

Richard:

> Curry, I haven't questioned your findings in the report.
> On the contrary, I confirmed them.

> Few of my customers use the LC Script Editor, so they
> don't care about it. But they do use the software that
> we ship to them.

Thanks Richard. Yes - I also do frequent training, so any IDE issues
tend to show up during tutoring and co-dev, besides annoying me a bit
during my own work.

> How many devs among us are shipping apps which rely on
> frequent disk saves?

Not the devs that heed my usual advice and KISS philosophy. :)

But any system-intensive action performed too often or at the wrong time
during typing, animation, or other activities where lag is obvious can
be an issue on any platform - Mac, Windows, mobile, even web, even using
any language - not just LC.

Bad coding habits or insufficient caution is just bad, fullstop,
regardless of the context. Good habits and caution are critical, no
matter whether someone is a post-HC hobbyist or a degreed comp sci
engineer. That's why I'm always harping like a broken record about good
habits. :D

Thanks for your test, very nice. My regards.

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"