DataView and DataView Tree Levure Helpers

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Jan 4 16:49:29 EST 2019

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 3:05 PM JJS via use-livecode <

> Thanks very much for your clear reply Trevor.
>
> And i'd like to thank you for your great contributions.

You are welcome.

> Given the fact we can always "roll back" , i can give it a try on a
> project and see how it goes.
>
> I was especially interested in the Dataview as perhaps it is faster and
> may scroll smoother than the DG2.

I haven't done any comparison tests myself. I would be interested to hear
how it goes. LiveCode still needs to add a new feature that will improve
scrolling speed in any DG-like control. I don't know what the timeline is
for that though.

> (and who knows Levure might be adopted by LC to add as an optional way
> of working)

LiveCode already recommends it to development teams. See this page on their
website:

https://livecode.com/products/livecode-platform/levure/

--
Trevor DeVore