MouseDown on Enter

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 10:23:15 EST 2019

OK, OK; let's be direct and to the point:

I want to "rip off" the functionality of this web-page:

http://terpstrakeyboard.com/about/

Click on the "Play It Now!" menu item and follow through . . .

You will end up with a microtonal keyboard that has this functionality:

1. When one performs a mouseDown on each hexagon a tone is played.

2. While the mouse button is held down the tone continues to sound.

3. If the mouse is dragged (while being pressed) from one hexagon to the
next,
the sound changes from that of the initial hexagon to the new one.

So . . . there would seem to be something "there" that is a bit
difficult to implement in LiveCode.

I have 2 adjacent hexagons, called "h1" and "h2" containing these
scripts, respectively:

onmouseDown

     setthebackgroundColorofmetored

endmouseDown

onmouseStillDown

     setthebackgroundColorofmetogreen

endmouseStillDown

onmouseLeave

     setthebackgroundColorofmetowhite

endmouseLeave

---------

onmouseDown

     setthebackgroundColorofmetoblue

endmouseDown

onmouseStillDown

     setthebackgroundColorofmetoyellow

endmouseStillDown

onmouseLeave

     setthebackgroundColorofmetowhite

endmouseLeave

--------

Dragging one's mouse while it is "down" from "h1" to H2" does not turn
"h2" yellow!

*THIS* is the functionality I am looking for.

Richmond.