Understanding LLVM bytecode export?

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 13:38:39 EST 2019

I understand that Livecode uses the LLVM compiler infrastructure to create
llvm bytecode that for instance emscripten can use to transpile to
javascript. I'm wandering if it is possible to do things like:

   - Export the server engine to llvm bytecode?
   - Take a some livecode script, do some tree shaking and get some nice
   compact bytecode export that uses only the bits needed by the livecode
   script?

Is any of this possible now, is it planned for or looks like it may be
possible in the nearish future / next couple of years?