LC902 and LC901 message box error was LC902 and LC901 Hang with Answer (was Crash

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Wed Feb 20 19:23:38 EST 2019

Maybe this will help with some of the v9 problems. This is happening on my
Win 10 VM.

I have a stack that makes the IDE go crazy if you open up the message box. A
slew of "can't find object" errors from a try/catch in my stack.  Yesterday
it was OK the day before yesterday IDE went crazy. No major if any changes.

I have some hints. After all settles down either of these 2 are left in the
message box.
1) send "ideInitialiseMessageBox" to stack "Message Box"
2) put the formattedHeight of field 1

The send(#1) has no result but when #2 is there it is actually executed with
the formattedheight of some field in the lower message box results area.

This is the executioncontexts of the try/catch in my code. Why I am getting
a resizestack message sent to my stack(last 2 lines) from the IDE when
opening the message box is beyond me. If the IDE was always sending
"resizestack"s to the developers stack then why is it a problem now? Default
stack behavior change? Behaviors getting lost/corrupted?

Default Stack==>stack "Message Box"
Stack name==>stack "Message Box"
Card name==> card "Single Line"

Executioncontexts:

stack "C:/Program Files (x86)/RunRev/LiveCode Business
9.0.2/Toolset/palettes/menubar/revmenubar.livecodescript",mouseUp,1027
stack "C:/Program Files (x86)/RunRev/LiveCode Business
9.0.2/Toolset/palettes/menubar/revmenubar.livecodescript",revMenubarMenuButt
onClicked,1133
stack "C:/Program Files (x86)/RunRev/LiveCode Business
9.0.2/Toolset/libraries/revidelibrary.8.livecodescript",revIDETogglePalette,
8860
stack "C:/Program Files (x86)/RunRev/LiveCode Business
9.0.2/Toolset/libraries/revidelibrary.8.livecodescript",revIDEOpenPalette,46
22
stack "C:/Program Files (x86)/RunRev/LiveCode Business
9.0.2/Toolset/palettes/message
box/revmessagebox.8.rev",preOpenStack,566,stack "C:/Program Files
(x86)/RunRev/LiveCode Business
9.0.2/Toolset/palettes/behaviors/revpalettebehavior.livecodescript"
stack "C:/Program Files (x86)/RunRev/LiveCode Business
9.0.2/Toolset/palettes/message
box/revmessagebox.8.rev",generateFrame,370,stack "C:/Program Files
(x86)/RunRev/LiveCode Business
9.0.2/Toolset/palettes/behaviors/revpalettebehavior.livecodescript"
stack "C:/Program Files (x86)/RunRev/LiveCode Business
9.0.2/Toolset/palettes/message
box/revmessagebox.8.rev",layoutFrame,510,stack "C:/Program Files
(x86)/RunRev/LiveCode Business
9.0.2/Toolset/palettes/behaviors/revpalettebehavior.livecodescript"
stack "N:/Apps/Ver1/MyApp.livecode",resizestack,70
stack "N:/Apps/Ver1/MyAppPlace.livecode",PlaceOnCards,920

The translated error...

Chunk: no such object
occurred on line: 546
1