Replacing GlobalNames with Global Values

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Feb 11 22:24:31 EST 2019

Something like...

put merge("[[gGlobal1]]*[[gGlobal2]]/[[gGlobal3]]") into tEquation

On 12/2/19, 1:58 pm, "use-livecode on behalf of Roger Guay via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    Granted, this may be too esoteric for me to understand, but I can’t seem to make this do what I want to do

    Let’s say that I have 3 globals: gGlobal1 = 10.1, gGlobal2 = 20.2 and gGlobal3 = 30.3

    I have an expression like       gGlobal1*gGlobal2/gGlobal3

    I want to transform this to the expression     10.1*20.2/30.3.

    Seems simple enough and I can do it in my usual inelegant way, but there must be a simpler way to do this???

    Sorry for my confusion.

    Roger