Devolution Problem

William Prothero waprothero at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 17:02:37 EST 2019

Richard:
Hi, I am having a problem getting Devolution to save new projects in the project browser. I enter a new project, it shows up and opens normally, but if I quit Livecode, it doesn’t save the most recent project I entered, although previously entered projects continue to be listed. I haven’t tried to add new projects for awhile, so don’t know if it the last Devo or OS upgrade broke something, or I’m doing something wrong.

I am on Mac OS 10.14.2, LC 9.0.2. But, I tried LC 8.2.0 (dp2) and Devo behaves the same way. In the folder “../Plugins/FourthWorld.com/“ folder, the 4wDevolutionPrefs.pref <http://fourthworld.com/4wDevolutionPrefs.pref>” file has an empty file "4wDevolutionPrefs~”, so it tried setting up the file, but couldn’t replace the existing file. I changed the permissions of the prefs file to read/write for me and everybody, but still same problem.

What should I try next?

Best,
Bill

William A. Prothero