Mac Desktop App - No Longer Save to the Engine/Resourses Folder?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Feb 6 20:04:27 EST 2019

I have to update some in house production app for  Mac. To 64 bit...

Used to Be: I could create a standalone, like a little "splash" engine and copy a separate stack to the engine location for it boot and save that stack.

Now the stack is store in the app package to

/Contents/Resources/_MacOS/InfoWizard.livecode

A simple script upgrade to "the effective name of this stackloader" to

on preopenstack
   set the loc of this stack to the screenloc
end preopenstack

on openStack
   put specialFolderPath("resources") into tPath
   put "/InfoWizard.livecode" after tPath
   wait 60 ticks
    hide  stack "infoWizard Loader"
    go  stack url ("binfile:" & tPath)
end openStack

Works.... but I cannot save to that "external" stack.

Is this no longer allowed by Apple?  If not, will the only option (like on mobile) be to copy the stack from the standalone "out" to the documents folder and boot if from there and *then*  OSX will let me save data to it? (custom properties)?

BR