editing data grid column via scrip

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Feb 6 12:11:43 EST 2019

Not sure what you mean here. In the data grid tab of the properties window there is an option to Allow Editing. Double clicking the cell with this option set will allow you to edit the value.

This seems klunky to me. What I do is I create a field for each editable value in the datagrid, then have a closeField handler in the field do the updating of the datagrid record.

on closeField
   put the dgHilitedIndex of group "myDataGrid" into tHilitedIndex
   put the dgDataOfIndex [tHilitedIndex] of group "myDataGrid" into aGridRecord
   put the text of me into aGridRecord [myColumn]
   set the dgDataOfIndex [tHilitedIndex] of group "myDataGrid" to aGridRecord
end closeField

This then allows you to do some error checking and validation in the closeField handler. Use exitField instead to process your data each time the field loses focus.

Bob S