Setting behaviors in 9.0.2

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Feb 3 14:21:53 EST 2019

J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > Is anyone else unable to set a behavior on an object in LC 9.0.2?
 > Neither script, nor message box, nor property inspector will do it for
 > me with the possible exception of a button on the same card. I'm not
 > using script-only stacks, just buttons which are sometimes in another
 > stack in use.
 >
 > This is such a basic requirement that I'm wondering if it's just me.

The IDE makes extensive use of dynamically-assigned behaviors, so about
the only thing that could be said with confidence on this is that if the
IDE is running the engine's mechanism for behavior assignment appears to
be working.

Beyond that, I got nothin' for ya' at the moment.  HH's suggestion about
memory may be worth exploring with a reboot, but I'm grasping at straws
at this point.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems