LiveCode won't recognize my stack

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Fri Dec 27 17:51:02 EST 2019

List,

Version 9.x of LiveCode doesn’t recognize stacks unless the file name ends with either .rev or .livecode. Previous versions (I don’t know when this changed) were able to.

I use a stack file as the Preferences file for InfoWallet but the file name is “LicenseKey.IW”. When I execute the following command to read custom properties in the stack it fails with an error. Type: Chunk: can't find stack

put the uDefaultWallet of stack "LicenseKey.IW" into vDefault

I can also see this when opening a stack from LiveCode. the LicenseKey.IW file is greyed out unless I look for All Files when then opens it correctly.

How can I open the stack file in LiveCode 9.5.1 without changing the name of the file?

Thank you,
Bill Vlahos