Groups in the message path: Trapping Mouseup

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Dec 10 17:48:51 EST 2019

Mark Waddington gave the answer if need.

I really want "shared groups" and not "backgroundGroups"

Then the scripts are encapsulated. I turned off backgroundBehavior on all groups.

A click on top layer button (no script) now  registers in the stack script with its target.

I tried it, Yay! After 25 years, still learning….

So if I have a button X with a mouseDown handler in a Group Y also with
a mouseDown handler and in my card script (or stack script) also have a
mouseDown handler