Groups in the message path: Trapping Mouseup

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Dec 10 14:39:43 EST 2019

So then to trap "the target" in the stack script, require putting
          pass mousedown (or mouseWhatever)
in all the background groups (all of which contain their our MouseDown)

Correct?

remember the use case:
we do not want and script in *any* button or top object that receives a click or touch.  The card becomes a pure "view" object.

@paul

If you have groups where you need to pass a mouseDown (or mosueWhatever)
mesage to the card or stack, just add a behavior to the group for a
script that contain handlers like

on mouseDown
  pass mouseDown
end mouseDown

on mouseUp
  pass mouseUp
end mouseUp

Although if there is no handler for the mouse event it should pass to
the card and then the stack and then any library or backscripts and then
the engine.