script for standalone builder in pre-/openstack/card

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Dec 4 13:42:58 EST 2019

Klaus wrote:

 > can someone plaes post the script that we need when building a
 > standalone so that the building process does not mess with our
 > pre-openXXX scripts? Know what I mean?
 > I don't know what to search for...

Neither could any newcomer.

We don't need to modify our code to account for a critical problem with
the Standalone Builder.

We need to fix the Standalone Builder.

If the build process has become too complicated for the simple and quick
binding process this platform used to enjoy, it needs to be a separate
process.

We discussed this on the MetaCard project some years ago.  I don't
believe building a standalone in a separate process is harder than what
we're attempting -- and failing at -- now.

Indeed, given the layers of workarounds needed for the current
complexity, it should be much simpler.

And a MUCH better first impression for new users.

#SomeoneHasToSayIt
#WhyIsNoOneSayingIt

--
  Richard Gaskin