Is HTML5 really practical?

Jjs jjs at krutt.org
Sat Aug 31 01:47:07 EDT 2019

A few days ago i read that if a webpage is not loaded within 3 seconds, 53% of visitors will skip it. LC's HTML5 is way too slow. It is stated that the engine needs downloading only once but it happens every time. It looks like more than 10 sec. I made one too a long time ago and it worked quite well, but it had no capabilities back then to load new info. So all json files and images where in the package. And it still has too less possibilities in communicating. Also i don't understand why it is not in Indy and not in business. But it is in community and as separate commercial package. So i'm starting to build a project using LC server and revigniter, just like Erik mentioned. Therefore i also started to follow an excellent written FREE HTML&CSS course at internetingishard.com because this will help understanding how all works together.

Erik Beugelaar via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> schreef op 31 augustus 2019 07:16:05 CEST:
>Maybe this framework is usefull:
>

>https://revigniter.com/
>

>Cheers,
>

>Erik
>

>On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 11:44 PM +0200, "Alain Vezina via use-livecode"
><use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>

>I've been working with HTML5 for a few weeks now and I'm surprised that
>we can't do things as simple as put field "MyFld" into aVar.
>So I doubt we can use a dynamic database. But there is nothing better
>than trying by testing aspects in a way that doesn't take too long,
>even if the dictionary doesn't always tell us what HTML5 can do.
>
>Consider this my point of view as an old LC programmer and a beginner
>in HTML5.
>
>Alain Vezina
>
>Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
>

>> Le 30 août 2019 à 16:42, William Prothero via use-livecode  a écrit :
>>
>> Folks:
>> I’m considering making a web site that will use livecode’s html5
>engine. Is this practical?
>>
>> What I want to create is a signup system for a kayaking club. Paddles
>are scheduled for each week and members enter their names for various
>paddle times. The member list would be in a database and there would
>also be a membership page with entries for various aspects of their
>skill levels.
>>
>> HH’s demos see to show reasonable engine load times, but I’m
>wondering whether it might be easier and better to just use the engine
>as a cgi and do everything in css and html.
>>
>> Frankly, I haven’t seen any compelling use case for livecode's html5.
>Is there one, at this time?
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> Best,
>> Bill
>>
>> William A. Prothero
>> http://earthlearningsolutions.org

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Android apparaat met K-9 Mail. Excuseer mijn beknoptheid.