anyone still using altMobileResizer?

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Sun Aug 18 20:46:17 EDT 2019

I’m currently working on taking a stack designed initially using fullscreenmodes and converting pieces of it to use native resolution of the screens.  The basic requirement is to write resizeStack handlers to take care of your app getting launched on screens of different sizes.  Not really all that different than doing the same to handle a desktop app.  Handling rotation is a separate issue with some additional considerations.  Mixing fullscreenmode stacks and native also has some issues.

My suggestion is go all in one way or the other.

Currently I’m not considering scaling interface elements (font sizes) based on screen size but only positioning them.  It would not be that much more difficult to script updating the size, but figuring out the sizes to use would be a little more complicated.  I think that this is the issue that the library attempts to solve but I have not used it.

If your design is simple, then the Geometry Manager may work.  I did spend some time making that work on mobile, but don’t think it will work for very complex layouts.

As for starting small... it makes sense.  You need to develop your UI at the smallest size that it will work and apply rules on how to adjust when it gets larger.  It is probably time to increase the minimum though... who really is going to have a device with original iPhone screen size?

Thanks,
Brian