9.5.0 crash to desktop
mkoob at rogers.com
Mon Aug 12 16:19:17 EDT 2019
I just got used to the flakiness of the red dot breakpoints so adapted my workflow with workarounds to use them.
When I am debugging I want to follow through different objects that the script jumps to. I have the red breakpoints in the different objects, i.e. Button -> group-> card-> firstLibrary stack -> second library stack.
Sometimes it works beautifully at each breakpoint the script stops. other times it doesn’t stop at all or stops only at open scripts. Also I have the problems of not being able to always delete the red dots. In a bit more detail here is my experience.
1. Red Dot Breakpoints don’t trigger. Here are some situations where this happens and my workaround process.
- If my script is not open in the editor -> Open the script
- my script is open in the editor but not in the open tab -> Open the tab
- my script is open (and still break points do not trigger - Double Click in the script and make sure the text cursor is flashing in the text.
- if still does not open. -> close the script editor and open scripts again. (I haven’t really had to quit LiveCode to get them working again)
2. Can’t delete Red Dot Breakpoints by clicking. I am trying to do this either while running through a script or not. Some times it works, sometimes not. Here are some ways I try to resolve it
-don’t click right on the dot but just to the right over the number
- if trying to remove breakpoint while script is running
- don’t try to remove while script is not the line with the red dot(although it works sometimes.)
- step forward one line and then try breakpoint again.
- wait till script is stopped.
- switch to other tab and back.
- close script editor and reopen. (I haven’t really had to quit LiveCode to get them working again)
It will be great if this can get worked out.
> On Aug 2, 2019, at 11:32 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
> It's a display bug. Quit LC, relaunch, watchpoint gone.
> Bob S
>> On Aug 2, 2019, at 08:29 , Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>> Hmmm... I did have a watch point set... I will clear all my breakpoints and see what happens.
>> Bob S
More information about the Use-livecode