Help with an algorithm...

dunbarxx dunbarx at aol.com
Mon Aug 5 13:55:23 EDT 2019

I saw your post preceded my second one.

Besides the fact that this works as well and is faster:

   repeat for each line tLine in tAll
      put tLine into myArray[ tLine]
   end repeat

The array thing is the easy part. The real working of this gadget depends on
being able to isolate the children, and the only way I can see doing that
easily to rely on those spaces. This may be fragile, depending on how
consistent that format sticks.

You cannot find matching lines between the two lists, because some children
AND some parents may be present in both, and you would not know which
"class" of data you were dealing with. I would format such lists in the
future more robustly, perhaps with tabs.

Craig