[OT] Weighted distribution of Numbers

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Sun Aug 4 15:38:31 EDT 2019

Dar,

Thanks for looking at this...

These numbers are quality ratings. The raw numbers range from 0 to a max of
800 or so. The customer wants to see a rating from 0-100 so I normalize them
into a range of 0 to 100 where the raw 0 is 0 and the raw 800 is 100. This
works perfectly. When looking at the resulting 0-100 ratings is where they
see the distribution anomalies. They would like to see the top numbers(say
from 94 to 100) to go to 100 and then the original 93 to be 99 and the
original 90 to be 97 or so. And also smooth out any gaps in the distribution
so there for example if there are almost no numbers in the 40s to bump up
the 30s a little and bump down the 50s a little. I'm sure there's an actual
name for doing this in the statistician's world but I don't know what it is.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net